Home remodelling and renovation is one of the best ways to revamp the look of your home to create more space and give it an updated look. And while there are ways to execute a simple home remodelling or renovation yourself, it’s still best to seek the help of home remodelling contractors if you want to implement large-scale changes in your property.
Hiring a home remodelling contractor provides great benefits over the DIY option – or relying on friends and family to help you with your renovation project.
Home remodelling contractors will take care of the nitty-gritty details – from hiring the best workers and sourcing the best materials within your budget to filing the necessary paperwork and permits.
Although you can take care of paperwork and permits yourself, it will take time and effort on your part since you’re not an expert in this field. An attractive option for a lot of people is to save the hassle and leave home renovation to the experts.
At first glance, it might seem cheaper to execute the home renovation project yourself but once you factor in the time and money you can spend going back and forth – and the mistakes you’re most likely to commit, it can come out more expensive in the end.
Home Remodelling Contractors in South East Melbourne
Home remodelling is a popular trend among south east Melbourne homeowners because it allows them to give life to their rather old home and, at the same time build more room for their growing family without having to move houses.
If you are on a budget, you don’t need to remodel your entire property. Most homeowners only opt to renovate one part of their homes, especially if they don’t want to move somewhere else while the renovation is happening.
Mass Constructions is a custom home builder specialising in designing and building ground and second-storey house extensions and renovations. We are one of the most trusted home remodelling contractors in the south east Melbourne region. When creating and building a house extension, we carefully consider the design elements to ensure that they enhance and complement the design of the existing property.
When Renovating There is no Shortage of Ideas to Consider
If you’re looking for inspiration when renovating, ideas are not hard to come by. No matter how small your property is or how limited your budget is, there are plenty of renovation ideas that you can draw from to achieve your dream house.
- House extensions: A house extension is one of the best home renovation ideas to consider, especially if your goal is to create more space. An outside kitchen extension provides convenience, especially if your indoor kitchen lacks amenities or space.
- Second storey house extensions: If you lack the lot space to build out then building up is the way to go. Build the extra bedrooms or living room space you need while remodelling the ground floor. It also allows you to keep your outdoor space, such as a garden or alfresco living space.
- Convert neglected kitchen island: If you have a seldomly used kitchen island, it might be a good idea to convert it to a breakfast bar where your family or guests can gather.
Home Remodelling Ideas for Melbourne
When it comes to home remodelling ideas, there are always options that will suit your budget. Upgrading your home doesn’t need to be a major remodelling project – but with proper planning and execution, basic renovations can give your home a whole new look.
- Incorporate ceiling glazing: Rooflights or roof windows are not only great ways to bring more light into otherwise dark areas in your home. They also create an illusion of space perfect for compact homes.
- Outdoor living extension: Combining indoor and outdoor living spaces is a popular trend among homeowners as it allows them to extend their living area while enjoying a nice view of their garden.
- Open plan kitchen: Create more space by opening your kitchen and dining area to the backyard. An open plan kitchen allows you to spend more time with your family while also having a flexible space that can serve as the family’s play and exercise area.
Mass Constructions is a Home Remodelling Company Specialising in House Extensions
If you want to make the most out of your home remodelling, opting for a house extension is the ideal route to take. Mass Constructions is one of the trusted home remodelling companies in south east Melbourne that specialises in ground and second storey house extensions.
As a home remodelling company, we aim to design and build house extensions that will not only provide more space but will also enhance the look of the original home. Some remodelling designs we can create for your home include:
- Indoor-outdoor living space: A side return extension to build a connection with your garden while allowing more light to come into your house. Install a sliding door for easier access to the garden area.
- Convert your garage: If you seldom use your garage, you might consider turning it into a much-needed living space or family room. Garage conversions are a budget-friendly build that are relatively easy to execute since there’s already an existing structure.
- Kitchen extension: Kitchen extensions and renovation are one of the most popular home improvement projects homeowners undergo as they can completely change the overall look of a home. Hiring Mass Constructions at the early stage of planning is essential to ensure you get everything you want while maximising the space. A kitchen extension is all about adding quality, not quantity – such as natural light, access to the garden, or ceiling height.
What to Look for in a Home Remodelling Contractor
Finding the right home remodelling contractor takes a little legwork. There are several factors you need to consider, such as:
- Years of experience: Mass Constructions have a combined experience of over 50 years in the building industry. Hiring a contractor with years of relevant experience is one of the most crucial factors you should consider. As they say, experience is the best teacher.
- Specialisation: Designing and building a new home is different from creating and building house extension and renovation projects. Although they have similarities, it also requires a different set of skills. Mass Constructions specialises in building ground and second storey house extensions for our clients right across the inner south east Melbourne suburbs.
- Portfolio of work: It’s easier to see if a home remodelling contractor is the right one for the job by looking at their portfolio. Browse Mass Constructions’ recently completed projects to get an idea of how we work.
How Much Does Home Remodelling Cost?
The home remodelling cost varies and is affected by several factors, such as the type of home remodelling you want (whether a simple kitchen extension or a complete ground or second-storey extension), the type of materials you wish to use, furnishings, and labour cost to name a few.
If you want an estimate of the home remodelling cost based on your preferences, book a free consultation with Mass Constructions. We’ll help guide you to build your dreams from the very conception, preventing time consuming errors and budget blowouts.
Things to Consider Before Remodelling Your Home
Before jumping the gun and starting the remodelling process, keep in mind these five home remodelling tips to prepare you as you embark on this challenging but very fulfilling journey:
- Identify your style: Labour and materials are not the only consideration. Remodelling your home is primarily about your vision. Start by creating a mood board and compiling various design inspirations that fit your existing home design and budget.
- Set the budget: While you don’t want to go over budget, it’s prudent to allot a buffer for unexpected expenses. Make sure to identify a realistic amount based on the home remodelling design you wish to achieve.
- Choose a trusted contractor: When you choose Mass Constructions, our director, Tim McRae, directly oversees each project, and he is easily reachable throughout the entire time you are working with Mass Constructions.
Renovation Ideas for Old Homes
Renovating heritage homes can be a challenging prospect, especially when you want to preserve the architectural integrity of the building while giving it a new look. Some renovation ideas for old homes include:
- Exterior overhaul: Merging the vintage and contemporary design is one way to further improve the overall appearance of an old home. Finding the balance between old and new is the key.
- Keep the details: It’s perfectly okay to install new light fixtures and fittings. Just make sure to keep the original appeal if you have ornate ceilings.
- Open-plan layout: In most cases, the main structure of a heritage home needs to be preserved. But designing an open-plan layout allows you to create more space and give the interiors a more modern look.
Mass Construction Enjoy Great Reviews as Home Renovation Contractors
As one of the most trusted home renovation contractors in south east Melbourne, we’ve built a reputation for creating premium quality house extension and renovation projects, as evident by the great reviews left by our satisfied clients.
Check what our previous clients say about our services and decide for yourself. You can also view the portfolio of our recently completed projects for reference.
Contact Mass Constructions for Home Renovation Ideas
If you want to renovate your home but don’t know where to start, give Mass Constructions a call for a free consultation. As experienced contractors, we can provide you with a wide variety of home renovation ideas that suit your budget and needs.