Home improvement is necessary, especially if your house is quite old already. Simple house extensions and renovations will help upgrade your existing home interior, as well as plumbing and electrical fittings. Exterior improvements can add value to your home also, such as roofing upgrades, siding, masonry and concrete, or other home improvements such as garage maintenance/additions or garden work.
When it comes to home improvement builders, choosing the right company will be one of the most crucial steps you’ll have to make. When adding an extension, upgrading or making improvements to your home, Mass Constructions is a trusted master builder for home improvements in Melbourne. We specialise in ground and second storey house extensions and renovations.
Our goal is to design and construct high-quality custom house extensions and renovations. We specialise in ground floor and second storey extensions. When completing a house extension or renovation, we carefully take into consideration the design elements to ensure that any changes or additions will perfectly complement and enhance the interior of the original home.
Our director, Tim McRae, has a strong background in carpentry contracting. He has a deep understanding of the importance of structurally sound design. Mass Constructions aims to build a house extension or renovation project with minimal structural requirements. Communication is the key to ensuring that the extension or renovation project will go smoothly and according to your needs and preferences.
A Guide to Home Improvements in Melbourne by Mass Constructions
Mass Constructions has many years of experience with design trends in south east Melbourne. Whether you’re looking to extend or modernise an older home, such as a heritage home or cottage – or add a single or double storey extension, we have the expertise to assist you with inspirational ideas.
- Open kitchen design: The kitchen is a great place to start your home improvement. Opt for a kitchen island to set as the main feature with a contemporary minimalist design. Creating an extension is one of the most cost effective and manageable ways to turn a small kitchen into a chef’s paradise.
- Use exposed bricks for a rustic feel: If you’re into industrial designs, the use of brick is a great and affordable way to achieve this look. Brick also contrasts with other building materials very well.
- Second storey extension: Perfect for growing families or if you want additional space for a TV room or a lounge area, extensions are an affordable and viable option to expanding a home since there’s no need to build a new foundation.
- Embrace the original structure: Taking advantage of the original materials of an old home adds character to the interiors of any house renovation project.
- Incorporate skylights: If you want a more contemporary design for your home, adding skylights is a smart choice. Not only do they create the illusion of having a bigger space, but they also provide several advantages, including access to an abundant supply of natural light. This helps make your home brighter and feel more welcoming.
- Indoor/outdoor living space: A simple side or rear extension that connects your indoor living room to the garden not only provides more living space but also brings more light into your home.
When planning your house extension or renovation, make sure to talk to several home improvement companies to get multiple bids, ensuring that you’ll work with a home builder that will be able to carry out your vision at a budget you can afford.
For more ideas about what is popular in the south east Melbourne area, contact Mass Constructions for a consultation. We’ll listen to you to learn about the intricacies of your property, along with your ideas and we will help you to formulate a plan to bring your dreams alive.
What to Look For in a Home Improvement Builder
With the vast array of home builder options available in the market, it can be confusing to choose the home improvement builder that is best for you. While it may vary depending on the type of extension or renovation project you have, here are the general traits that you will find in a good building company. Mass Constructions always endeavours to display these qualities:
- Open lines of communications: A reliable home builder cares about the vision you have for your new home. It is necessary that you can easily reach them and that they’re honest about what they can and can’t do when it comes to your particular project.
- Years of experience: Another crucial factor to look into when choosing a home improvement builder is the amount of experience they have performing home improvement projects. Look for a builder that specialises in building house extensions and renovations, which is a specialty of Mass Constructions.
- Customer satisfaction: The work of a good builder will speak for itself. Do your own research and find out what their previous clients are saying about their experience working with them. Mass Constructions enjoys fantastic reviews. We’re proud of the relationships we’ve built with our wonderful customers.
- Passionate about their work: No matter how many years of experience a home builder possesses, if they are not passionate about what they do, it will show in their work. Producing high-quality work and having high job satisfaction are interconnected.
- Highly-adaptable: Like any other industry, the construction and building industry is constantly evolving. Choose a home builder that knows how to successfully adapt to the rapid changes in the field, including the diversification and expansion of consistent and reliable products and materials.
Small Renovations and Second Storey Extensions Melbourne
One of the main advantages of second storey extensions is the additional space, which is one of the primary reasons why homeowners undergo house extensions and renovations. Creating upstairs bedrooms or an outdoor living patio allows your family to have a relaxing home with enough space to do recreational activities.
When it comes to small renovations in Melbourne as well as second storey extensions, Mass Constructions is one of the most dependable home renovation builders.
Mass Constructions Are Home Improvement Builders
Mass Constructions are home improvement and extension builders that specialise in everything from transforming older homes into modern and functional living spaces to adding additional rooms via first or even second storey extensions. We have our finger on the pulse of design and building trends in south east Melbourne. We pride ourselves on being present, consistent and understanding throughout our renovation projects. Our expertise is reflected by the fantastic reviews we have from our clients.
Contact Mass Constructions for Home Renovations and Improvements in Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Mass Constructions is a master builder for home improvements that has been trusted by clients all over south east Melbourne. We are home extension builders that specialise in first and second storey extensions. Whether you’re looking to expand your kitchen or want to transform a smaller home into an open plan layout with floor to ceiling windows, we have the experience to bring your dream alive with professionalism backed by years of experience. For home renovations in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs contact Mass Constructions for an obligation free consultation.