If you have been living in your house for quite some time and feel like you’ve outgrown it – but moving to a new location is not an option, then a house extension or renovation is the perfect solution. A small kitchen that a family has outgrown is one of the primary reasons why a family might want to move to a bigger house. A kitchen extension is one of the most popular ways to give your home a new look, while opening up a whole new era of functionality.
A kitchen renovation not only makes your everyday life easier but also boosts the resale value of your home. From simple renovations such as replacing the cupboards and drawers to upgrading kitchen appliances or building a kitchen extension, you need to hire a dependable and experienced kitchen builder to help you turn your dream kitchen into a reality.
Kitchen renovations in the Melbourne southeastern suburbs are common because homeowners love the idea of upgrading their homes without the need to change locations. When it comes to kitchen extensions and renovation, there are many ways to go about it. Mass Constructions has its finger on the pulse of design trends and renovation ideas for the area.
The first thing that you need to do before planning a kitchen renovation is identify what type of functionality you need to meet the requirements of your family and start planning from there.
Kitchen Renovations & Extensions Melbourne Southeastern Suburbs
Whether you want an elaborate kitchen extension fit for a master chef or a simple extension that involves converting an unused space into a cosy breakfast room, a kitchen extension will add value to your property while allowing for extra functionality.
Mass Constructions have completed many extensions and kitchen renovations around the Melbourne southeastern suburbs. Adding a kitchen extension opens up many design possibilities that make the prospect of a house extension more inviting. From adding skylights to opening up the view from the interior, there are many inspirational ideas to draw inspiration from.
- Highlight key features: A kitchen island as the focal point of your kitchen will elevate the look of your kitchen and give it a more modern look, and if your kitchen lacks storage areas, a kitchen island with additional pull out shelves, cabinets, and drawers is a great solution.
- Add skylights: If your kitchen is always busy, additional task lights in the form of natural light are always welcome. A well-lit kitchen makes it look more spacious and a pleasant area to hang out.
- Remove unnecessary walls: As long as they’re not load bearing – create a kitchen extension that becomes much more than just a place you cook by building a large and modern open-plan living room for your entire family to enjoy. Build a space with a generous amount of natural light to keep the whole area more inviting.
- Convert your garage: If you have limited space and budget, you can simply convert or incorporate your garage into a small but perfectly planned kitchen.
Affordable Kitchen Renovations in South East Melbourne
There are a lot of ways to expand or improve your kitchen and other living spaces with an extension. When it comes to kitchen renovations in Melbourne, Mass Constructions is an experienced and trusted custom builder that listens carefully to its customers.
We have designed and built not just a wide range of kitchen renovations but also ground and second storey extensions as well. We work with clients across the inner south east Melbourne suburbs with different budgets and preferences, so we have a great understanding of designing and building house extensions that suit your budget and preferences.
5 Things to Consider When it Comes to Kitchen Renovations
Renovating a kitchen can be a rewarding experience that opens up many opportunities when done right. However there are some important considerations to be made to make the best use of budget and resources:
- Identify the things you want to achieve with your kitchen renovation: A kitchen renovation brings more to the table than aesthetic improvements alone. Expanding a kitchen is more about creating extra space and to provide functionality or to integrate your kitchen with other areas of your home. Identifying the objectives you want to achieve allows you to streamline the renovation process and ensure that you and your contractor are on the same page.
- Determine your budget: As you’ve probably experienced before, construction projects don’t always go smoothly, as planned. So not only should you allot a budget for the kitchen renovation, but you should include a buffer for any unforeseen circumstances. Mass Constructions will work closely with you to ensure that your project is completed on time and on budget, mitigating the possibility that more money will have to be spent.
- Set a renovation time frame: The amount of time needed to finish a kitchen renovation depends on the type of renovation you are eyeing and can take more time if there are custom features involved. Creating a clear plan before starting the renovation process is crucial to ensure that you stay within your budget.
- Choose kitchen appliances from the beginning: Don’t leave appliances as an oversight. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to leave picking out appliances to the last minute when they undergo kitchen renovations. This is not ideal as your budget may already be running low or you might also be dealing with other unexpected expenses, forcing you to go for lower quality appliances. It’s crucial to include appliances into your renovation plan from the beginning, as investing in high-quality appliances that might cost more will help you save money in the long run.
- Every small detail counts: Small details are just as important as the big details when it comes to kitchen renovations. From tiles or a backsplash to the type of faucet and sink, make sure you have them all pinned down.
Kitchen Renovation Ideas for South East Melbourne
Want to renovate your kitchen but don’t know where to start? These kitchen renovation ideas will help you visualise what you want with your kitchen makeover:
- Go for contemporary cabinet designs: Gone are the days when cabinets only serve as storage spaces in your kitchen. Modern kitchen designs now offer cabinet designs that are not only functional but also serve as statement pieces in the kitchen. Wood or white cabinets can help make a small kitchen appear bigger. If you want a bold design, you can opt for all-black cabinets – but if you have a specific cabinet design in mind, you can have them personalised to reflect your style.
- Build a kitchen island: A kitchen island can make a big impact on your kitchen as it helps open up your space while also establishing an illusion of closed functionality. Opt to remove the kitchen walls to have your kitchen directly overlook the dining room or living room area. A kitchen island also provides additional seating and space to lay down food.
- Make a bold statement with your kitchen backsplash: Although an essential part of any kitchen, there’s no need to stick to basic and mundane backsplash design. It can also serve as a statement piece in your kitchen design as customised backsplash are now available.
- Concentrate on flooring: For total kitchen transformation, consider redoing your flooring. If you love the appeal of traditional hardwood floors, you can opt for a wood-like alternative like glazed ceramic tile or vinyl, as they are easier to clean. They can also serve as a backsplash or featured wall material.
How Much Does a Kitchen Renovation Cost?
Kitchen renovation cost varies depending on how big or small the renovation is. Mass Constructions often get this question from clients who wish to renovate their kitchens or conduct kitchen makeovers.
These are the common factors that affect the cost of a kitchen renovation or extension:
- Kitchen layout: The kitchen layout, including the number of cabinets and panels, cabinet configuration, and mouldings, have an enormous impact on kitchen renovation cost.
- Appliance changes: Upgrading to modern kitchen furniture will eat the bulk of your budget. There’s also the additional cost of installing electric or gas lines, whichever type of appliances you choose.
- Flooring: Natural stone, designer tile, and hardwood cost more than faux stone, laminated, engineered wood, or basic tile floors.
- Construction & Quality: The quality of the materials you choose and the contractor will also greatly determine the budget you need to set for your kitchen renovation. But you don’t need to sacrifice quality for cost.
If you have further questions on kitchen renovation costs or want a free price quote, you may book a free consultation with Mass Constructions today.
Improve Kitchen Design With an Extension
Adding an extension opens up many possibilities when it comes to kitchen design. A larger kitchen creates more space for your family. Transforming your kitchen layout into an open floor plan will help open up your space and make the whole area appear more roomy. Build a multi-functional kitchen that can also serve as your dining room or an extension of your living room.
Big Ideas for a Small Kitchen Design
Don’t let a small kitchen design prevent you from achieving your dream kitchen. Adding an extension will allow you to opt for a u-shaped kitchen with built-in cabinets, countertops, and fitted appliances.
Another way to keep a small kitchen from feeling claustrophobic is by adding floating or open shelves to the walls instead of cabinets. Add drama by constructing the main feature on the walls with striking tilework.
Builder Kitchen Renovation
The kitchen is one of the most integral parts of our homes. So if you’re planning to build a kitchen extension, it’s best to hire an experienced builder for kitchen renovation to ensure that you will achieve your dream kitchen while staying within your budget.
An experienced builder will also help you set your expectations with what you can and can’t do with your existing kitchen layout and the budget you set.
How to Find the Best Kitchen Builder?
Finding the best kitchen builder primarily depends on your needs and requirements. Mass Constructions is a builder with house extensions and renovations experience. We specialise in ground floor and second storey extensions which have helped to open up the living spaces, including the kitchens of many south east Melbourne properties.
Mass Constructions are experts in house extensions and renovation projects, so we understand the need to design an extension or renovation that will enhance and complement the design of your original home. Our goal is to design and build high-quality custom house extensions and renovations.
Mass Constructions is a Custom Kitchen Builder and House Extension Specialist
If you’re looking for a credible and experienced custom kitchen builder, contact Mass Constructions. We are a trusted kitchen builder with clients across the inner south east Melbourne suburbs. We enjoy fantastic reviews because we pride ourselves on listening to our customers and getting projects done in time and within the budget that has been agreed upon.