Second Storey Extensions with Mass Constructions
A second storey extension will allow you to enjoy double the living space without doubling the cost. It’s a cost-effective way to size up without moving houses. And unlike single-storey additions, they do not only add an extra bedroom but extra living space as well.
Building a second storey extension that will fully integrate into your existing home requires meticulous planning and design. Mass Constructions is here to help you with all your home extension needs – from planning and design to sourcing of materials and execution, we’re here to help you.
A Guide To Building a Second Storey Extension
Building a second storey extension is not an easy project to execute. Aside from planning on how your family will continue living on the first floor while there’s ongoing construction upstairs, you also need to carefully create a strategy with your builder on how to execute the construction.
Not sure where to start? We’ve prepared a simple guide on how to go about building a second storey extension:
- Identify if a second storey extension is structurally viable: Before going into full planning mode, you must first determine if the load-bearing capacity of your existing home can handle a second storey addition.
- Draft your plans: Mass Constructions have designed and built a wide variety of one storey and second storey extensions to recognise the importance of getting the homeowner’s ideas on paper so that you can exactly see what’s feasible.
- Find a builder that’s right for you: Before committing to one, make sure to talk to several builders, schedule a meeting with them, and ask for quotations. Mass Constructions is open for exploratory conversation and offers free design consultation or assistance with any home construction questions you might have.
- Make sure your extension complies with regulations: Speak to your local officials to ensure that you’re following the applicable regulations in your area. The construction might need planning approval and building approval, to ensure that it complies with the local neighbourhood plan and local zoning regulations.
What Are Your Second Storey Extension Ideas?
When it comes to second storey extension ideas, the internet is full of options. Just one click to Pinterest and you’ll be bombarded with thousands of suggestions on how you can design your second storey extension. No matter how small or big your design idea is, there’s one that will suit your budget and needs.
- Opposing brickwork: This needs to be done carefully and most likely with the consent of your local officers, but it can work. Use bricks that are the same size and tone as the original, but in a different colour to sensibly define the old and the new.
- Minimalist design: If you want a more modern style, go for white rendered walls coupled with sliding doors and glass windows.
- Extraordinary window design: Most of the time, we pay little attention to windows and doors when designing a space. But a statement window can not only change the overall look of your home extension but can also flood the interiors with natural light while creating a visual impact from the outside.
We Can Help You With Second Storey Extension Floor Plans
Planning to have a secondary storey extension? Mass Constructions can help you make this dream a reality. We specialise in home extensions and home renovations. We are one of the most trusted builders in the south east Melbourne area, providing exquisite craftsmanship, using high-quality materials.
From secondary storey extension floor plans and design to sourcing of materials and construction, Mass Constructions will help you every step of the way. Schedule a free consultation with us and let’s get the ball rolling.
Second Storey Extension Before And After
Draw inspiration from the second storey extension before and after photos below. Home extensions add living space and value to any design of a house. Scroll down for ideas on the feasible designs for your home, regardless of the style, shape and budget.
From modern minimalist to country homes and Mediterranean styles, we’ve compiled some of our favourite projects in different ranges catering to every budget to help you build your dream second storey extension.
We’re Experienced With Second Storey Extensions Melbourne
Adding a second storey extension allows homeowners who love the location and design of their existing homes to revitalise their properties and redesign them for modern living.
Mass Constructions is one of the leading builders of second storey extensions in Melbourne. The way we work with our clients is we maintain a professional yet very personal approach – we’re building your family home after all.
Feel free to contact us and let’s discuss your second storey extension ideas.
Second Storey Extension Designs
If you’re looking for second storey extension designs, a quick search on the Internet and you’ll find a lot of ideas that you can use as a jumping board for your project. At Mass Constructions, we work with our clients to form a partnership to ensure that all their ideas will come to fruition and at the same time give honest feedback on what will work best with the current structure of their homes.
Contact Mass Constructions for Your Second Storey Extensions
When executing second storey extensions or any other home renovation projects, Mass Constructions carefully considers the design elements our clients want to ensure that they complement and enhance the original design of the house.
Give us a call or schedule an appointment so we can discuss your second storey design ideas. We offer a no-commitment consultation so you can see for yourself how we work. Scroll through our website and see our past projects and hear what our past clients are saying about their experiences with working with us.
Let Us Help You Work Out Second Storey Extension Costs
Adding a second storey extension is a huge project that can feel daunting and expensive. After all, you’re creating an extra floor of new living space for your family to enjoy.
Contact Mass Constructions and we’ll help you every step of the way – from second storey extension costs and design to construction permits, planning and more, we’ll help you get it right.