Building a new home should be a positive and exciting experience, not one that is stressful, confusing, and at times, even overwhelming. If you are thinking of building the home of your dreams or if you already have blueprint plans ready to go, finding the best and biggest builders in Melbourne is the first step to getting started.
Biggest Builders In Melbourne
When you are in the process of building your very own home, your first instinct may be to seek out some of the biggest and most well-known builders in Melbourne. The biggest builders in Melbourne have experience and are known professionals in the area. However, it is important to consider your own wants, needs, as well as the budget you have available to work with prior to choosing a home building company that is right for your project.
Calculate your budget while researching the cost of property and pieces of land that you are interested in near you. Land prices will vary based on your preferred locations as well as the current state of the real estate market.
Consider the square footage of the home you want to build, and what type of zoning permits you may need. Are you planning to build a basement, an attic, a guest home, or even a detached garage in addition to your home’s foundational structure? What features and amenities are most important to you? Asking yourself basic questions regarding your home-building project is a way for you to determine which home builder in Melbourne is ideal.
Things to Consider When Researching the Top 10 Builders In Melbourne
When you are in the process of researching the top 10 builders in Melbourne, there are a few things to consider and keep in mind, such as:
- Size of the company: Working with some of the biggest builders in Australia may be appealing to you initially, but it also comes with drawbacks if the company is too large and in-demand. Scheduling appointments and ensuring that you are able to meet any building deadlines is not always possible, nor is it guaranteed when working with some of the top 10 builders available in Melbourne.
- Abilities: Consider the abilities and skills of each company you are thinking of hiring. Research portfolios to find a builder in Melbourne that is not only professional and reliable, but also one that meshes well with your own style and construction needs.
- Budget: Whenever you have a major development project, such as building a new home, knowing your limitations budget-wise is a must. Depending on the size of the company you are interested in hiring, the cost of labor may increase due to demand.
- Customer testimonials: Always research and read customer reviews and testimonials of builders in Melbourne before making your decision. Positive reviews and testimonials help lend credibility to builders who you are otherwise unfamiliar with around the Melbourne area.
Pros and Cons of Hiring the Biggest Builders In Australia
Hiring the biggest builders in Australia is one way to immediately get started on building the home of your dreams. However, before choosing the builder that is optimal for you, it is highly recommended to compare the pros and cons of hiring the biggest builders in Melbourne.
Pros of Hiring the Biggest Builders in Australia
- Hire a reputable company with a professional presence, both locally and online.
- Gain peace of mind knowing the builder you hired is insured and holds all necessary and required building certifications.
- Warranties and guarantees are typically available.
- Many top builders have extensive experience in the construction industry.
- Top builders also provide clients with the option of choosing from premade blueprints and plans.
Cons of Hiring the Biggest Builders in Australia
- Lack of individualized attention and personalization. If you are planning to build a custom home and prefer customization over premade blueprints, the top 5 builders in Melbourne may not be best for you.
- Lack of customer service: With a big home builder in Australia, there is no guarantee of top-notch customer service. If customer service is important to you, turn to a home builder that prioritizes customer service and attention to detail with every client they take on.
- Lower quality materials: In some instances, you may find yourself stuck with materials that are of lower quality when working with the biggest builders in Australia. Some of the biggest builders in Melbourne use lower-quality materials and parts throughout the construction of a structure to cut costs and save money while increasing their own profits. Always seek out home builders that pride themselves on sourcing high-quality materials.
Five Things the Top 20 Builders in Melbourne Can’t Match
Working with the top 20 builders in Melbourne may sound appealing at first, but there are just some things that cannot be matched, especially when it comes to hiring massive building companies. Five things that top 20 builders in Melbourne can’t match compared to smaller and more localized builders include:
- Personalized customer service: Top 20 builders in Melbourne are likely to be overworked, leaving less time for attention to detail and for personalized customer service. Working with a smaller or local builder in Melbourne is ideal for anyone who prioritizes the level of customer service they receive, especially when building a brand new home from the ground up.
- Quality: Product and material quality are more likely to suffer when working with a major builder, especially if they purchase materials in bulk or from unverified manufacturers to help with cutting costs.
- Guarantees: It is not always possible to receive guarantees or warranties when working directly with chains or massive home builders in Melbourne.
- Negotiations: A big builder in Melbourne is much less likely to work with you on your quote or entertain negotiations.
- Warranties: A larger home builder is likely to provide warranties that are not as valuable or thorough as a smaller, more personalized local home building service.
The Top 5 Builders In Melbourne Vs. a Custom Home Builder
Choosing between working with one of the top 5 home builders in Melbourne versus hiring a custom home builder is a decision that should not be made lightly. When you are in the process of planning your next building project, it is important to consider your needs as well as the type of home you want to build.
If you have a custom and highly personalized home design in mind, seek out a custom home builder to help with the project. The top 10 builders in Melbourne and the top 5 builders in the area may prefer to work with premade designs or plans that their team and crew are familiar with and have experience with completing.
If you have a custom home design that requires special attention to detail, a custom home builder is ideal, as many of the most well-known builders in Melbourne work extremely fast and typically with premade plans and blueprints.
Why Add Mass Constructions to your List of Builders In Melbourne?
Mass Constructions is a professional home renovation and construction company with more than 50 years in the industry throughout Melbourne. With Mass Constructions, we know what it takes to plan, coordinate, and complete home extensions and renovations on time, every time.
We not only strive to deliver top-notch quality for each of our individual clients and home renovation projects, but we also pride ourselves on the level of commitment we have when it comes to delivering excellent customer service.
Whether you have renovation plans for your home, you want to install a ground floor extension, or if you are interested in adding a second storey, Mass Constructions is here for you. We will help you from project inception to delivery each step of the way. For a home building company that understands just how important a home renovation project is to each homeowner, contact Mass Constructions today.