Adding a second storey extension to any home or property is one of the quickest ways to add value while also immediately increasing the amount of space you have available at your disposal. If you are thinking of a new home renovation project and are entertaining the idea of a second storey addition, brainstorm a few second storey extension ideas to help determine which type of extension is fitting for your next home improvement and/or renovation project.
When you are considering a second storey extension for your home, there are a few ways to go about doing so, such as:
- Replacing the roof: Replacing your home’s roof for your new second storey extension can help replace an old roof while also providing you with additional space.
- Extension with flat roofing: It is also possible to add a second storey extension that includes flat roofing to help with cutting back on costs.
- Building the extension from scratch: Another possibility for a second storey extension is building the extension from the ground up, or from scratch. This method typically involves removing any roof that is already in place to rebuild the extension and the new roof in its place.
- Modular premade designs: Are you uninterested in building an extension from scratch? If so, consider a modular premade design. Modular premade second-storey extensions can help you to add space to your home without all the hassle, fuss, and time necessary for an extension built from scratch.
How Much Does a Second Storey Extension Cost?
If you are wondering how much a second storey extension costs, it is important to remember that the cost of a new second storey addition or extension will depend on a number of factors. The cost of a second storey extension will depend on the following factors:
- The size of the extension you intend to add to your home
- The current status of your home’s roof as well as your intentions with your existing roof
- Your plan for your extension’s new roof and the type of roof you intend to install to match or blend with your home
- The amount of labour required to make room for your second storey extension, especially when working with a difficult or unique roof layout
- Materials as well as the quality of the materials utilized throughout the construction of your extension
- The type of exterior chosen for your extension (from traditional siding to bricks, your costs will vary greatly)
- Windows and other features should also be kept in mind when you are in the market for a new second storey addition or extension for your home
Two Storey Extension Ideas Australia
Finding the best two storey extension ideas in Australia can help you save time and move forward with your home renovation project as quickly as possible. Working with a professional construction provider such as Mass Constructions is also a way to discover how a two-storey extension can come in handy in your home. Some second storey extension ideas to keep in mind when you are in the planning process include:
- Additional bedrooms
- Office space
- Loft space in smaller homes or properties
- Second storey extension over a garage
- Modular premade extensions for the home
Some of the benefits and incentives that come with investing in a new extension or addition for your home’s second storey may include:
- Increase property value: One of the most appealing aspects of a new home extension (especially with second-storey additions) is the ability to significantly increase the overall value of your home and property itself. Second-storey additions add immediate value to your home, regardless of its purpose and use.
- Improve curb appeal: If you are seeking a way to improve your home’s curb appeal, consider a second-storey addition or extension. Adding a second-storey extension to any home is a way to drastically change the look and appeal of the property. Before moving forward with any addition plans for your home, attempt to visualize how the second-storey addition is likely to impact your home’s curb appeal.
- Roof repair: In some instances, adding a second storey addition to a home is a way to tend to an outdated or damaged roof. If you are already in need of a new roof, adding an extension is a way to override some repairs and/or replacements you already require.
- Add space: Provide additional space for bedrooms, living, and entertaining with a second-storey addition for your home, which is ideal for larger and expanding families.
When you are entertaining the idea of investing in a second-storey extension for your home, ask yourself the following questions to determine if the project is right for you and your home:
- What is the purpose of the second-storey extension that I am interested in? What purpose will the additional space serve for my home as well as my loved ones?
- What budget do I have to work with? Is my budget flexible, or do I need to stick to a set price when drafting floor plans and working together with a construction company?
- Is there a special layout or design that I am interested in? Will this design work with the current setup and layout of my home?
- How compatible will the second storey extension that I have in mind be with the current look, layout, and aesthetic of my home? Will the second storey extension that I envision for my home add to the value and the curb appeal of my property?
- Will the second storey extension add to the property value of the house? Is this a major motivator for me? How can I help to maximize the profits I generate from my investment in a new addition or extension?
How To Draft Second Storey Extension Floor Plans
Creating second storey extension floor plans may seem simple enough in your mind, but there is often a much lengthier and complex process at play. To ensure that your second storey floor plan is compatible with your home as well as with your budget, it is highly advisable to work alongside professionals that specialise in second storey expansions and additions, such as Mass Constructions.
Mass Constructions can help you through the process of drafting a floor plan for your extension that works with both your budget and your vision.
Working together with Mass Constructions is a way to discover more about your own second storey extension floor plan and whether it is viable with your current home and its floor plan.
If you have a second storey extension in mind or if you are seeking help and guidance with the drafting of your second storey extension, contact Mass Constructions to learn how we can help you to build the second storey addition of your dreams.
Second Storey Extension Designs With Mass Constructions
Choosing the best second storey extension designs for your home may not always feel straightforward, especially if you are new to the process of building additions or extensions for your home. If you are having difficulty coming up with designs for your new second storey extension, turn to Mass Constructions.
At Mass Constructions, we have years of experience designing second storey extensions for various home styles and types. Whether you are the owner of a ranch-style home or if you have a colonial but wish to extend your space upstairs, we can help. Mass Constructions is well-versed in ground floor additions and extensions and complex and expansive second-storey additions. Whether you are interested in adding more bedrooms to your home to increase your home’s property value or if you are looking for additional living and entertainment space, no job is too big or too small for Mass Constructions in Melbourne, Australia.
Contact Mass Constructions for Second Storey Extensions
Are you ready to take the next step with your second storey extension project? Do you want to ensure that your home’s new addition or extension is up to today’s construction and design standards? If so, look no further than Mass Constructions. For top-notch second storey extensions in the Melbourne, Australia area that are fitting for your home as well as your personal style, Mass Constructions delivers.
Working alongside Mass Constructions is not only a way to ensure that the work completed on your home is exactly what you desire, but it is also a way to discover even more about second storey extensions that are optimal for your home. Regardless of the type of home extension you have in mind for your home’s second storey, Mass Constructions will help you to bring your vision into reality.
To learn more about the type of extensions and additions we are familiar with, contact Mass Constructions to discover how we can help with your home’s next extension and renovation project today.